At Wild Rose, We Strive For:
Definition: Create an environment in which well being (physical, emotional, mental)
is promoted and encouraged.
- We will promote and enhance healthy living habits in our school community through our Health Pack initiatives.
- We will continue to help students to take ownership of their learning.
- We will continue to encourage Wild Rose families to be active partners in their child’s learning.
- We will continue to recognize the positive in every child by celebrating their achievements in all areas.
Definition: Encourage understanding and acceptance of everyone in our community by developing healthy habits and values.
- We will continue with our character education program “The Seven Habits of Healthy Kids”.
- We will continue with “Habit Days” to promote good citizenship in all our students.
- We will continue with the Playground Pals and cross-age activities.
- We will continue with Pawsitive Peers classroom presentations.
- We will continue with the Roots of Empathy program, charitable initiatives, environmental projects and community involvement.
Definition: Encourage and celebrate individual and group achievements.
- We will continue to provide a variety of personalized on-going supports and modifications.
- We will continue to provide timely feedback and creative formative and summative assessment practices.
- We will continue to refine the integration of current technology into our classrooms to engage and prepare our students for future learning environments.
- We will continue to embrace and support curricular and pedagogical changes that challenge and encourage students to take risks.
- We will continue to value and promote family and community learning partnerships.
- We will continue to support staff professional development and innovative instructional practices.